Tuesday, February 17, 2009

30 Weeks

For some reason, now that I am at 30 weeks I all the sudden feel like I will have the baby any day now.... but in reality, I still have 10 more weeks (or so I hope!). I'm not sure why I feel this way, but I do.

I spent most of the last week fighting the a bug - stuffy, runny nose and horrid cough. I still have most it, but feel more like a human now. The cough has been the absolute worse part. If I talk too much or laugh, I have a coughing fit. It was so bad last week, that while on a call for work I got into a coughing fit mid-sentence and couldn't stop. I was in such a panic I couldn't find the mute button so I threw the phone on the couch and ended up throwing up on myself. Delicious, I know. Needless to say, I cancelled my calls for the rest of the day. But, this wasn't the only time it happened. For the next two days, if I got into a coughing fit, I knew what was coming next... even Brian witnessed this on Saturday night after making me laugh during the world's stupidest movie ever - Nights in Rodanthe. So much for trying to watch a romantic flick on Valentine's Day.


I've also started nesting. All I want to do is play in my nursery, organize my nursery, mess up my nursery and put my nursery back together again. Since that takes a whooping 10 minutes total, I do it a few times a day. The current thorn in my side is what nursery chair I should get. I want the big, cozy, plush kind the rocks and swivels. (Note: this such chair probably won't even fit in my nursery. Chances are it will be a chair for the guest bedroom - or as Brian calls is, "the baby crying room", where I imagine I'll be spending most of time - because there is actually room in there. Our nursery is tiny.) Back to the chair - I've had my eye on such chair at Pottery Barn Kids but I refuse to spend the astronomical prices they have set for such chair. So, off to Craigslist I went. And I found myself a perfect chair, just not in the color of my choice - but, it does match the guest bedroom! Problem solved, and money saved. I pick up it up tomorrow!



Now, I'm addicted to Criagslist! It has everything!



Last but not least, a video and a belly shot. I know this is a baby blog, but since we don't have our kid yet, here's a short clip of Spinner going crazy for a balloon.




And my 30 week belly shot. Not feeling so pretty today - so you ain't gonna see my face.

2 comments:

Christina said...

But you are so cute! And I'm sorry, but the image of you throwing the phone onto the couch and then throwing up on yourself is kind of funny. In a gross way. :)

brooke said...

Glad you enjoyed it. Seriously, it was pretty hilarious.