Sunday, October 24, 2010

St. Louis - A day with the Gollener's

Grandma, GG, Henry and I flew to St. Louis on Saturday, 10/9 to visit the family in St. Louis. I hope to get Henry there at least once a year to see all his aunts, uncles, cousins and good friends. We had such an amazing trip - there's no place like the Midwest! I wanted to spend the five days while visiting St. Louis doing all the things I did when I was kid - St. Louis has some of the best attractions and they are free!

Our first day trip was to Grant's Farm - one of the only places you can take your kids AND drink free beer! We met Corey, her husband Kenny, and her daughters Lucy and Hannah. Corey and I were at Grant's Farm together in 1987 and loved the idea of taking our kids there, together. Henry and the girls had a blast - we rode the train through the "safari" and encountered lots of animals - a few were closer to the train than Henry preferred - he had a tight grasp on grandpa's shirt! Henry fed the goats bottles of milk. He was not a fan - the goats will do anything for the bottle and jumped all over him and used their horns to knock him over. We made a quick exit. Then we made our way to the beer garden and enjoyed some free beer and good food.
After the farm, we went to the Gollener's for a play date and dinner. The kids played great together! What a great time to spend the day with a a great childhood friend. Hopefully, our kids can look back on these pictures some day and laugh, together. (Who knows, maybe they'll be dating!!) hee hee.



No comments: