Sunday, March 6, 2011

Florida (and St. Louis) in February

In early February, Henry and I headed to Florida. Prior to our arrival, we made a quick stop in St. Louis for a weekend for Aunt Julie's baby shower - her little boy is due April 23, almost 2 years to the day that Henry was born!


While in St. Louis we saw all our family and friends. At Sean and Nikki's Super Bowl party, Henry said, "Maaammaa" for the very first time! He was only saying "Daddy" and if you asked him to say "Mommy" he would say, "Daddy". I was thrilled - it melted my heart and still does, every time I hear it!


We were so ready to get to Florida, to escape the winter weather that blanketed the rest of the country! But, of course, it was cold in Florida too, just in time for our arrival. It was in the 80's the week before we got there and the day we left, it was 75 and climbing. I could have cried (I actually did!).


To add insult to injury, Henry caught a terrible cold and got his first ear infection - in both ears - a double whammy. I was in Tampa for a couple days for work, so missed getting to take him to urgent care to have him poked and prodded. Luckily, for Henry and me, his grandparents took graet care of him and I knew he was in good hands.


Brian met us in Florida, also in hopes of escaping the cold, for a long weekend. While we didn't get to sweat it out - we had a great time being together and enjoying our mini vacation. Henry's two favorite activities on this trip were:

1) picking oranges from pop and mi-maws orange tree. then taking them home and drinking fresh squeezed orange juice

2) happy hour. while we drank our martinis - Henry insisted on his own martini glass (plastic) with water and an olive. He played for hours - he woke up asking to play with his martini glass.

Henry's orange collecting bucket
Pop helping Henry get the oranges


Out on pop's dock...nerve wrecking with water on both sides. This is also the dock pop taught Henry how to spit over. I was thrilled - now he spits all the time, dock or no dock.


1 comment:

Julie said...

The martini photo is priceless!