Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Week 15

This past week was big week in Philly, all around. The Phillies finally won the World Series and none of my clothes fit anymore, except my sweat pants. I had to go into the office every day last week - that's 12+ hours of wearing work clothes - which don't button! (Thank goodness for Belly Bands!) From that start of the day all I could think about was getting home to put on my sweat pants. I'm so happy I get to work from home most of the time!

Brian ended our long week with a delicious dinner, which he insisted on making by himself: roasted chicken, stuffing with sausage, cranberries, homemade gravy, and biscuits. It was heaven. And all I had to do was sit on the couch and wait. He's definitely a keeper! And little does he know, he is now in charge of making Thanksgiving dinner this year, which we are hosting!
Here's a shot of Brian getting ready to carve the chicken with Spinner anxiously waiting for something to fall off the counter!Tomorrow I have my 15 week check up. I can't wait. I don't think we'll get an ultrasound, but I really hope we get to hear the heartbeat. While I am certain everything is OK (because I'm getting bigger by the day) I'd like the reassurance. Otherwise, I've been feeling pretty good. I get tired earlier in the evening and seem to have a constant headache, with an intensity that varies at different times during the day.

Here's the 15 week belly shot, courtesy of Brian, who insists I am arching my back and pushing out so I look bigger. But I swear, this is how I stand (and I just ate an egg, cheese, and pork roll sandwich before hitting the polls).


By the way, why does it look like I am having our baby in my stomach instead of my uterus?!
Conversation with my dad regarding the picture: I spoke to my dad today and he said, "That belly isn't from the baby!" ha! Oh, dad, what would I do without you? Guess I should lay off the Halloween candy!

I'll write more after my appointment tomorrow. Don't forget to vote!

Click here to read more about week 15: BabyCenter.com

1 comment:

Christina said...

Wow, 15 weeks! Katie and I were just talking about how we can't believe you're already 15 weeks. I'm so excited!

And way to go, Brian! Between the big chicken dinner and letting Chase play with his ear during church on Sunday, he's ready for fatherhood!