Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Week 16

Wow. Here we are, four months! From what I hear, this is point when you start to get really big. And I can't wait! I am even more excited to feel the baby, which I don't feel yet, but from what I hear it can happen any time between now and Week 20. Please let it be sooner rather than later!
Here's a quick update on how I've been feeling:
  • Headaches: I am still getting them on a daily basis…usually they start in the middle of the night and I wake up with them. Then they go away mid-morning. On occasion I get them in the evening and when I do, they ruin my night. I spoke to my doctor about this she didn't seemed concerned, but if they keep up she'll refere me to a specialist. My doctor recommended taking Tylenol (which I still am not comfortable with and don't want to be popping pills ever day!) and drinking a 1/2 cup of coffee or some form of caffeine. I did try this and it does help! I will try not to make this a habit.

  • Energy: I feel like a new person! The last two nights I was up until 11! And during the day, I have so much more energy. This weekend, instead of laying on the couch, napping and catching up on DVR, I actually was out and about. On Saturday I was out for almost 5 hours! And still had energy to with Brian to look at furniture and out to dinner.


  • My back, oh my aching back: Lower back pain has kicked in full force. It's usually after I've been sitting for a long time or when I'm sleeping and getting out of bed. I can barley walk, but once I warm up, I'm good to go. I went for a prenatal massage on Saturday morning - that was heaven. It's officially a must on a monthly (at a minimum) basis! Hopefully this will get better before it gets worse.

  • Weight: Still a little freaked out about this, but enjoying it all the same. I've gained about 13 pounds so far. From what I hear that is pretty average. (Is it?! - Dad, you don't need to comment here. Thanks.) A huge thanks to Debbie/Dixie and Christina for some additional maternity clothes to add to my wardrobe of sweat pants!

My exciting news for the week is I found my nursery bedding! It is exactly what I have been looking (and I wasn't quite sure what I was looking for, but when I saw it, I knew I had to have it (actually, I found TWO different ones that I LOVE so I got them both) and it was ON super-SALE! (Plus, my "sister-in-law*" works at Pottery Barn, so she got an additional 40% off the sale price! It was practically free!) I've included pictures below. You'll also notice that we've (I've - Brian had nothing to do with this) selected a very neutral pattern/color. I think we have officially decided not to find out the sex of the baby. Every time I think about it, I get more and more excited - it is definitely the right decision for us and gives us so much to look forward to. But thanks for voting!


The downfall of getting the bedding on sale is it didn't come with all the accessories. For one set, I only got the bummper and for the other I got the bummer and the bed skirt. BUT, I found more stuff on Ebay. I've never really used Ebay before, but now I'm obsessed. I've found a lot of additional items and ordered them all (well, almost all). My folks are coming up for Thanksgiving, so we'll paint the nursery to match (not me actually, grandma and I will probably go the movies while mom and dad stay back and work!) Another reason to love pregnancy!




Cottontail friends: I think this one will go in the nursery at home. It has fuzzy little animals (bunnies, sheep, chicks) all around the bummer. I got the bed skirt, blanket, and sham on Ebay. Ribbon Mattelasse: Tiny green and yellow embroidered bees. With strips of yellow, green, and brown fabric. This one is my favorite, but I can't find as much on Ebay, so I think this will be great for the shore nursery (which is also in our bedroom - which luckily, I painted green last summer!)

16 Week Belly Shot Update: I've received complaints that these belly shots aren't really me because I always chop my head off. So Aeron, this is for you! Please be kind, I just rolled out of bed. Now, I guess I'll have to start showering and brushing my hair before I take my belly shots! ;)

Week 16 Baby Update


*I call her my sister-in-law, she's been dating my husband's brother for 12 years. It's official in my book. :)

3 comments:

Laura said...

I love the bedding! Congrats on finding something. It can be so hard. And aren't pregnancy massages the best? I discovered them too late to get them on a regular basis(30 weeks) but next go round - once a month! ANd you look fabulous!

brooke said...

Pregnancy massages are AWESOME! When the 75 mins was over I was tempted to say, "I'll pay you whatever you want, please don't stop." But I knew Brian would kill me!

Christina said...

Brookie, you look so cute!

I know I told you the other day that I think that bedding is beautiful, but I will say it again, I just love it! It's absolutely beautiful. And it's perfectly gender neutral since you are so darn stubborn when it comes to finding out the sex of your baby. ;)

Good for you with the once a month pregnancy massages. Like Laura, I waited until I was well into my third trimester before I ever went to get one. Next time, I'm joining the massage-a-month club, too!