Hard to believe that 30 weeks is right around the corner. I never thought it would get here, but now I am amazed that it's less than a week away!
For the first time during my pregnancy, I've come down with some kind of bug. And just last week I was telling myself how great it was that I avoided getting sick so far. I was all pats on the back and "way to go me". Guess I spoke to soon... on Sunday afternoon I went down hill - tired and achy accompanied with that deep gross cough. And if that deep gross cough isn't enough, it's even worse when you're pregnant. It feels like your pulling you stomach muscles even more than they are already being stretch at 29 weeks pregnant. I wonder what the baby thinks/feels? I find myself trying to surpress the cough - which sound like I am dying or chocking, but hopefully prevents the belly-quake that my little one would feel otherwise.
On Saturday night I pulled off a big feat - I threw Brian a surprise 30th birthday party AND he was more than surprised - shocked is a better way to describe it! I've been planning it for about 2 months and in the beginning it was no big deal keeping it a secret. But as the days drew near, it became increasingly difficult. With the help of the Palsky's we were able to come up with a "plan" to get him to the party without any idea of what was to come. We were originally going out for Hibashi, but my pregnancy cravings were screaming Uno's deep dish pizza. And as any sane person would do, they didn't argue with the pregnant lady (Brian even admitted later he was not in the mood for Uno's but wasn't going to argue.) Once we arrived at Uno's, the hosted walked us into the back bar that was reserved for the party and the rest was history. Forty of Brian's favorite people in the world showed up for the special event... he was so overwhelmed and happy it was so awesome. He deserves it - and I had to get it in before our lifes are no longer about us, but about our child. Our birthdays will be a thing of the past (although, I still insist I should get a trip to Hawaii or Italy for my 30th - Grandma and Grandpa can babysit! ;) )
Here's some pictures from the party.




1 comment:
I'm glad brian's party was successful! i can't keep a surprise for the life of me, so kudos to you. ;) and you're so right about life changing with the arrival of your babe...i always want to answer "25" when someone asks me how old i am...which was how old i was when i had grace! i don't remember any birthdays after that! ha!!!! eventually that'll be a good thing...30'll be here before i know it!
i hope you feel better soon, mama!
Post a Comment