I have mixed emotions about today's milestone. In some ways it has flown by and in others it hasn't. Bottom line, it's been the best eight weeks of my life. Now, please allow me to pause time so I can keep my little baby a baby forever.
We had another great week. Henry is growing like a weed (both in length and width). I'd say he's probably 12 - 13 pounds by now. He has his 2 months check up next Monday so we'll know for sure.
We moved Henry out of his swing and into his bassinet this week. He's been such a great sleeper that in addition to that change, we thought we'd also put him down for an earlier bed time. He was showing all the "sleepy signs" around 7:30, so we took advantage. But, it wasn't that easy. We tried for two nights and Henry was up several times through out the night. What happened to my good sleeper? We stuck to the bassinet, but didn't stick to the early bed time. We are back to our 7-8 hour nights. Whew.
I put Henry down in his pack n' play around 7:00 one night while I made dinner. I thought for sure this was the start of an earlier bed time.
Aside from night time sleeping, I am also starting to recognize a pattern in Henry's morning naps. He usually falls asleep 1 to 2 hours after he wakes up. I am trying to get him to sleep in his crib for these naps... we've done this a few times and are still working on it. I have to admit, his non-commitment to this is partially my fault. I hate to put him down. There is nothing better than having my little snuggle bug sleeping in my arms. And sometimes, I sleep with him.

We do tummy time in the morning. I waited a little too late on this particular morning. Instead of his normal crying during time, he showed me what he thought about tummy time and passed out. We had a play date with Uncle Alex this week including lunch and a movie at his place. While at Uncle Al's, Henry met his first cat, Leo. Henry slept threw the introduction, but this didn't stop Leo.
On Thursday, grandma and grandpa Holzapfel arrived from Florida. Yay! They stayed for the weekend and will return again next weekend after a trip up to New England. Grandma Donna is then going to stay until July 13 and fly with Henry and I to St. Louis for a 2 week visit! We had a great time while they were here and can't wait for them to come back!

Henry takes his first "walk" across a bridge from Lambertville, NJ to New Hope, PA.

He checks out his first "choo" with grandpa.

He spent a lot of time hanging out with grandpa. One of his favorite positions was lounging on his knees.

I wish I knew what he was thinking about.

After Henry's bath, grandma combed his hair back and made it all spiky and fuzzy. She said his hair looked like Kim Jong-il! We cracked up. Dad wasn't thrilled with the comparison, but we assured him the only resemblance was his hair!
On Saturday night we went to Uncle Dale and Aunt Alisabeth's engagement party. It was such a great night and we are so happy for them! (Henry is particularly happy because he wants some cousins ASAP!) Henry got passed around for most of the evening and was such a good boy!
Uncle Dale and Aunt "Beps"
Henry enjoys a ride on his grandma Sue's shoulder.
Then a nap with his daddy.
Henry met his a potential future girlfriend, Brooke! (Love the name!)
3 comments:
I love that picture of him resting on your dad's knees. He's so freaking cute I can't get enough of him -- and I love the spiky hair, he's a little hottie!! :)
8 Weeks, I can't believe it! So glad to hear everything is going so well. Hope to see you all soon!
OMG I love the picture of Leo checking Henry out!! I'm glad Leo could be Henry's first kitty encounter :) So cute. I love all the pictures actually. He just gets cuter and cuter by the day! Glad to see everything is going well for you guys, miss you!
Post a Comment