We started the "ride" adventure at the Carousel. To say Henry loves himself a carousel would be an understatement - it boarders obsession. Every time he sees one, he points and says "tthhhhssssss", until he goes for a ride. And usually, before the ride even ends, he is signing for "more". 



We then took turns on a couple of "kiddie" rides. Henry like them and enjoyed each one, but nothing compares to his love for the carousel.
Off in the distance, a big Sponge Bob Square Pants sign caught Henry's eye. He doesn't watch the cartoon, but someone he has developed a fascination with this yellow square. We had ride tickets left so I asked the attendants if it was suited for a 16 month old. They said, with a heavy Russian accent, "Sure. It's just goes through a bunch of pictures of SpongeBob." I thought, "Great. He'll love it!". They failed to mention that it would be PITCH BLACK and that the pictures of SpongeBob would be lit up by strobe lights and jump out at the roller coaster car as you passed by. Henry was petrified, but there was no turning back. I snapped the below picture on the ride, it doesn't show much, other than how dark it was. And I couldn't do anything but hold him close and laugh at the same time. When the ride was over, which luckily, was only about 30 seconds, I was laughing so hard I was crying. I hope I didn't do the kid any psychological harm.
Before heading back to the car, Grandpa insisted on winning Henry a large Elmo (see the legs hanging down?). Brian got in on the action too. Twenty dollars later, we left with the consolation prize - a small $.25 fish. When will they learn?
No comments:
Post a Comment