During the move, I misplaced my pocket camera. While unpacking and putting things in their place, I found it again and discovered there were several pictures from late summer that I had completely forgotten about and want to make sure remembered!
On Labor day weekend Brian, Henry, Spinner and I went with Uncle Dale and Aunt Alisabeth to Tices Shoal. We anchored our boats and walked over to the ocean - which takes a little effort. You had to wade through waste high water for about 200 feet while trying to not get your beach materials (or diaper bag) wet. Also, Henry had to be carried, since the water would have been over his head. Once on dry land, it's a fun walk along a wooden path through the duns to the beach. Once we arrived at the beach, we had the most wonderful afternoon and the added bonus of the beach practically all to ourselves - Henry loved playing in the sand and the large ocean waves with Uncle Dale. Aunt Beps and I also buried him, waste deep, in the sand. He played there for a good 20 mins - we joked that we should go take a walk and leave him there. There wasn't a chance he could have got out on his own. Don't worry, we didn't leave him!
One each leg of the boat trip, Henry did great... besides one spell of crabbiness we encountered, but he quickly got over it once dad hit the gas and the wind hit his face. 






No comments:
Post a Comment