Monday, January 10, 2011

Yardley Christmas Parade

One of the things I couldn't wait to do this Christmas was take Henry to a Christmas parade. Luckily, there was one right in our town. It was sunny and brisk day out, so we bundled up and headed out. We parked at our old house and walked down the canal path to main street. Before the parade started we stopped at WaWa for some hot chocolate and cookies and Henry and Dad played a few games of hide-and-seek. It was nice just being outside and mingling with others waiting for the parade to begin.
Once the parade started, Henry was enthralled. There were fire trucks and sirens, bands, Elmo, Buzz and Woody, old-fashioned guns, and the big finale - Santa on the ladder truck. He clapped, he stood up, he sat down, he waved and he stared. And he had his first ever candy cane - HUGE hit. He's had a few since then too - I now know to avoid them at the stores, otherwise he screams for one, until he gets it (and of course, he gets it - darn it, I swore I wouldn't do that!).
After the parade we walked back to the car. About 10 minutes from the car, Henry lost it. He was cold and ready to be home. It didn't help that he refused to wear his gloves almost the entire time and I think his hands were frozen.








No comments: