Tuesday, December 23, 2008

22 Weeks

Christmas in Florida (note tree, poolside!)

I have a plan. If Baby G never experiences a Christmas that comes with all the bitter cold, bone chilling wind and often a slushy mix of rain, ice and snow, do you think s/he will miss it? I left for Florida on Saturday - the day after a slushy, messy rain/ice/snow event and the day before a freezing rain event. On Sunday I was sitting on my folks boat, in my swimsuit, while Brian filled me in on the ice event and 17 degree weather. Are we crazy?! Why doesn't every one live in Florida (I take that back, if everyone did, it would be way to crowded, but seriously, why don't I?!) It's going to be 80 degrees here on Christmas Day. Most people would say, "that just doesn't feel like Christmas". But you know what, at least I can feel my fingers and toes. I don't mind Christmas in the heat one bit. And with this being Baby G's first "Indian Christmas" - although in utero- I think it will be one of many. My plan (while still probably "news" to Brian until he reads this) is to come to Florida every year for Christmas. Baby G can play in the slushy cold stuff before we leave and when we get home. But we'll be opening presents pool side, by the Christmas tree, in our swimming suits.

Feeling great this week. The weather helps get you off the couch! We walk every day, go boating, sit outside - - it's just great! Here's some pictures:
22 Week Belly shot
Baby G's first boat ride
Dad playing with the dolphins



Mom and grandma exhausted from all the shopping and eating.

And for some non-Florida pictures, courtesy of Brian and Spinner:

Spinner watching mom work from the ottoman and wondering when it will be play time. (A: when dad gets home.)
Brian practicing napping positions with Spinner for when the baby gets here.

22 Week BabyCenter.com update click here

1 comment:

Christina said...

I am beyond jealous right now! It is miserable here!! It's so cold it actually hurts. I don't understand why we live here at all. Chase and I are hopping on a plane and coming down to Venice!!!

P.S. you look so cute!!
P.P.S. do you need me to go check on Bri? Make sure he's stocked up Bud Light? ha ha