The biggest event of the weekend was Henry's first smile. Starting on Friday, I noticed a few smiles from Henry while we were interacting... but I wasn't sure if these were deliberate. But on Saturday, once I handed him over to his daddy, he let out a few big smiles. Each time Brian talked to him or touched his mouth, Henry smiled. It melted my heart. Since then, we get a few out of him... I am hoping we get more and more as each day goes by. It's the cutest thing ever and I can't wait to capture it on camera to share.
On Saturday Henry attended his first wedding. He wore the cutest little outfit (again, courtesy of Aunt Christina).
He wore shoes for the first time too. They were too stinking cute on his tiny little feet. Thanks for the hammy-downs Dixie and Debbie!
Uncle Dale is smitten over little Henry. During the wedding, after a few beers, he told me that he didn't think anything could come along change things. But after Henry, he knows it possible. It was so sweet. Henry is so lucky to have such a great uncle!
Henry's first walk along the Ocean Gate boards with a view of Toms River. He slept the whole time, but enjoyed the salt air!

Henry is staring to focus on different things and he'll stretch his neck to the limits to stare at it. He LOVES lights and fans. It's so fun to watch him explore everything... when he's awake, he's so alert.

The salt air knocked both dad and Henry out.

Henry chillin' in his car seat. He's finally taking to his pacifier, although he'll spit it out a million times and cry until you put it back in. They need to put some elastic string around them, like those party hats.

We started to introduce a bottle with breast milk for night feedings. Grandma G really enjoyed taking on this duty.
And last but not least, Spinner is still alive and well. See, he's smiling he's so happy. [He has actually been the most perfect "big brother". He has exceed my expectations ten-fold. He usually leaves Henry alone, but when he does greet him and brushes his lips and whispers against him ever so lightly. It's really cute.]
1 comment:
It looks like you guys had such a great time!! And I can't believe that outfit already fits him, wow! He's just so adorable, I can't wait to see him again!
Post a Comment