We went to Brian's office for lunch today and had a mini b-day celebration. Henry was thrilled, as you can see.They weren't kidding when they said time flies! I cannot believe it has already been one month! Pretty soon Henry will be heading off to college!
We've been having a lot of fun the past week. We do pretty much the same thing every day, so not a lot of new and exciting things to write about. Some highlights include:
- Henry eats ALL the time. I am not kidding... he's going to weigh 15 pounds at his next doctor visit (6/22).
- We're stilling sleeping in the swing (not me, actually, I'm too big, but Henry does.) It's amazing after all the cat naps he takes all day the kid can sleep at night. But they say babies need 16-18ish hours of sleep/day. We usually get to bed around 9:30 - 10:00 and then up again around 2AM for diaper change and feeding, then back up again around 5AM or 6AM for another round. Depending on how lazy we are, we'll lay in bed and sleep until 9 or so.
- I left Henry for my first time since my mom was here at "Aunt" Liz's house (our old neighbor and close family friend) to run an errand. I dropped Henry off for 45 minutes and he did wonderful! Liz said his biggest event was a yawn and a poopy diaper. So, we may be doing this again (mommy needs a pedicure!) although I missed him like crazy and kept having panic attacks that I left him somewhere!
- We've been invited to a few play dates with Christina and crew. I wish I had pictures! Henry sleeps through them, but I get to socialize with other moms and watch their little kids run around.
- We've been taking walks every day - it knocks him out every time.
- We took a family (including Spinner) drive to the shore on Sunday. It was rainy, chilly and windy. Henry did great - he slept the entire time while we were moving. When dad stopped to look at boats, he stretched, ate and got his diaper changed.
- Henry grunts all the time. I have to try to get this on video. It's hilarious.
- When Henry is awake he is so alert. His eyes open real wide and he looks at everything. His focus is getting better by the day. He also moves so much, kicking his legs and flinging his arms. He's going to be hard to hold soon... maybe he'll be a early crawler/walker?
- We had some visitors this week. As usual, Henry slept through most of them.
During one of his day naps, this is how I found him i his swing. How he doesn't get a kink in his neck is beyond me!

Henry's great-great Uncle Russel and Rita came up from Maryland

Meredith, Ryan, and son, Benny with Henry
Andy and Jessica (and baby due in June!) and Henry

Henry proving once again he sleeps in the craziest positions!
- We enjoy "play time" in short intervals. Here's a short video of Henry playing on his activity mat for the first time.
2 comments:
Oh, I miss him so much! Jump on a plane and get down to Savannah already! :)
He so cute!! Hang in there with the constant nursing... Brady went through a period where he was nursing 10 - 11 times a day and it was exhausting but it got much better... Also, Brady used to grunt all of the time too and it used to crack us up. Definitely get it on video because we didn't and we regret it. Can't wait to meet the little man!
Post a Comment