Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Three Weeks!

Considering we do a whole lot of nothing all day long - the days sure do fly by. I guess it's true to the saying "time flies when you are having fun". And I am having the time of my life. I could sit on the couch all day and stare at my little man. He gets cuter and cuter by the minute and I fall more and more in love by the second.
Some of the week happenings:
  • Henry is sleeping better at night, thanks so his swing. We put the swing next to my side of the bed and he sleeps in about 4 hour stretches. We've had 3 successful nights (hope it continues) and I feel like a new person.
  • Henry is becoming more and more "verbal" by the day. He coos, grunts, smiles and giggles (unknowingly) when he isn't sleeping.
  • With the sun shining, we've been taking multiple walks a day - Henry LOVES walks, they put him right to sleep.
  • Henry feeds like a rock star. At least every 2 hours, and sometimes even every hour. (I hope this helps speed up the weight lose!) I feel like I can see his baby rolls forming after each feeding.
  • My first Mother's Day was this weekend. I've dreamt of the day for so long and enjoyed every second of it. But in reality, every day over the past three weeks has felt like Mother's day.
When Brian comes home from work, he takes Henry for some snuggle time while he catches up on the news. It won't be long until Henry is too big for this.
Henry loves to sleep with his neck hanging to the side.

Brian also had a few "firsts" this week - he changed his first diaper! And he changed another one on Mother's Day! (And there will be many more to come!) Unfortunately, none of them contained the "fun stuff".
Friday night, "date night". The whole family took a nice long walk on the canal behind our house.

Henry had a nice view from the bench we stopped at. Too bad he slept through it all.

My favorite shirt. Thanks Christina!

Mother's Day. After a day walking around Peddler's Village, we came home to take a nap. I know there won't be many Mother's Days when my son will snuggle on the couch with me without complaining... so I'm taking advantage now!

Uncle Alex came by for a visit. He's goofy like grandpa!

We had a mid-week outing to Aunt Christina's house. And we introduced Chase to Henry. (I need to note here, Christina does know how to hold a baby... it's just that Henry is crazy and loves his head to "hang" to the side like it is here.)
Chase was so excited to meet Henry. He kept saying "baby! baby!"
He snuggled with Henry while also watching "Hi-5"
I see a life long friendship in their future! (And a lot of heart breakin' with the ladies!)

1 comment:

junimoon22 said...

Brooke -

What a beautiful baby! He has the most beautiful head of hair and, ummm, those eyelashes! Watch out ladies!

Congratulations to you and Brian.

June