Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Happy 3 month birthday!







We celebrated Henry's three month birthday at our family's lake house in Missouri's Ozark mountains sans candles or anything that resembled candles. So, we settled with mini powdered donuts.

It amazes me that another month has gone by already. I can't keep track of the time - every day is a blur, even when we do nothing. I am having such a great time with my little guy. It's amazing how much Henry has grown in the past month and how much more fun he is with each passing day. He is smiling all the time and constantly talking and cooing - every once in a while he gives a little laugh with the smile, pretty soon he'll be laughing up a storm. He is extremely alert and very nosy/curious -he always wants to be walked around to see everything that is going on. If he isn't ready to sit down, he'll let you know it by kicking and fussing. He won't stop until you get back up and walk him around. My favorite development this month, besides the smiles and coos, is Henry's ability to recognize me when I walk in the room, especially after he naps. When I go and get him, he looks at me and smiles. It melts my heart and he gets smothered in a zillion kisses.

Henry's also packing on the pounds. I'd bet he's over 16 pounds to date. And every new family member and most strangers don't let us forget. We are often hear the words, "Wow, he's really big for 3 months." He's a healthy eater, but nothing out of the ordinary. I reassure him after hearing these comments that he isn't fat - he's perfect. Even if he does have little fat rolls where his wrists and ankles should me! More for me to love!

With his new found weight, he's getting much stronger. He loves to stand up (with help) and often times he won't let you bend his legs to sit back down. I can tell he's ready to walk now, if his brain would cooperate. We do a lot of tummy time everyday and every day he improves. He holds his head up high and looks around and kicks his feet to try to crawl. Pretty soon he should be able to put it all together. On July 23 Henry rolled over for his first time. I am not sure if it was an "official" roll over, since I put his arms under his chest, but he was able to get from him tummy to his back without my help. He did the again two more times the next day, but hasn't done it since.

He's sleeping was a little screwy while we were on vacation, waking up once a night for a feeding. But, nothing too terrible to complain about. He had a minor fever one of the days at the lake, and we called Dr. P who told me not to worry, since his temperature wasn't high enough to be an "official fever". We gave him some Tylenol and were told he'd sleep like a champ - similar to what we were told after his first round of shots - but Henry is the opposite, he was up all night. Just like he was up all day after he got his shots. Go figure. I've figured out his napping routine during the day - now I just have to work on getting him to take all of them out of my arms and in his crib.

We had an incredible time visiting family in St. Louis and at the lake. We'll post tons of pictures soon!

1 comment:

Courtney Edelstein said...

i'm glad you had such a great vacation! we're looking forward to seeing you and henry soon! (i love the life jacket pictures!)