The Washburn's (Rich and Grandpa G are best friends from grade school) annual Easter Egg Hunt was this weekend in Pineville. The weather was perfect - low 70's and lots of sunshine. This was my first year at the Easter egg hunt, in the 23 years they've had them. Brian and his family went when they all were little kids. It was quite the event and we look forward to making it to many more!
Henry and I practiced for the big day all week. I'd take him to the upper lot, with his shopping cart and I would scatter plastic eggs near by. He would pick them up, drop them, pass them by, suck on sticks, play with the dirt... just about everything BUT pick up the eggs and put them in his cart. By the end of the week, he was putting one or two eggs in his cart... coincidence?
Come Saturday, Henry was ready to rock and roll.
He managed to get THREE of the 1000 eggs planted on the farm. I was so proud of my little man!
No comments:
Post a Comment