Wednesday, March 4, 2009

32 Week Check-up

We had our 32 week check-up this morning, which included our "every four week" growth ultra-sound and a visit from one of the doctors. We had our favorite ultra sound tech, Danielle, again. When she called us in from the waiting room, I was so excited. She just gets it and understands how special these intimate views are to us. And I know this, because I have received my fair share of ultra sounds - more than I care to admit - and there have been some techs that check the box and some that don't even turn the screen so I can see my baby with straining my neck. Jerks. But Danielle is great and so is our baby.

Since our last ultrasound, baby has gained 2 pounds, now with an estimated weight of 5 lbs 3 oz. She predicted the baby would be at least 8 lbs 5 oz. Which is about right, if not less than my prediction. I was 8 lbs 13 oz and Brian was 8 lbs 6 oz. And this time s/he has HAIR. And a LOT of it. Maybe this is why I had indigestion the other night!? So much hair, that I think 1.5 of the new 2 pounds is all hair. Now, you must understand, I was a bald, bald baby, for a long time. So, I always assumed I would have a bald baby. But I forgot to take into consideration by hairy husband - which started at birth. Holy cow, did Brian have some hair on him when he was born. Looks like our little one will have the same.... now the question is will they part it like a little "Henry" or put a bow in it like a little girl (name still TBD)? All other check points came out perfect. It was a good day! She also tried to give us another glimpse at the face via the 3D ultrasound, but I am carrying so low and the baby wasn't really cooperating so the pictures don't amount to much. But of course, I'll still post them for those of you that want to stare at your computer for the rest of the day to figure out what the heck you are looking at. You're welcome.


Face shot: Rubbing left eye. And check out those lips!


We met with Dr. Koon today and what a funny guy. I had a feeling he would be since the last I heard about him he was rollerblading through the delivery floor at the hospital. He just had a way about him and I'd be thrilled if he showed up during my labor (depending on how much pain I am in my "thrill" level my vary). He covered all our questions and put my mind at ease. And we had a few really hard laughs too. One non-baby related story from our visit - the office is under going a major re haul so the exam room we were in is shared with a wall next to the "construction zone". Literally, the doctor walked in and said if a jack-hammer falls through the ceiling, "Duck". You could also hear the construction workers through the wall. One overheard conversation was "I almost got laid last night." Dr. Koon was thrilled that this type of information was being shared with his patients. HILARIOUS!

No comments: