Tuesday, March 31, 2009

36 Weeks

It's been a while since I've provided an update on the nursery. Here's some pictures - it's about 98% done - just need to install the curtain and get a lamp for the changing table. I love it - it's really cozy! I wonder how many times I'll hit my head (or the baby's) on the angled walls!

View from the door into the nursery. We're hanging a white w/ green-poka dot curtain over the window...one of these days!

With my back to the crib, here's a view of the changing area. The closet is to the left of the door. Note my hospital bag and diaper bag are packed and ready to go!

Baby G's closet. All the 3+ month outfits are hanging up. All the teeny tiny stuff is folded in the changing table drawers (thanks mom!)



All in all, I'm feeling pretty good - just the typical 36+ week pregnancy complaints, but I won't bore you. The biggest complaint this week isn't from me, but from Brian. He says I snore like a lumberjack. At first he wouldn't wake me to get me to stop, but now, he has no fear. But he says the "peace" only latest about 30 seconds, then I'm back to splitting logs. Now he knows how I feel every night sleeping next to him! hee hee :)

Tomorrow we have our 36 week check-up and ultra sound. Then I start going to the doctor every week. I am really nervous for the internal exam, so much so I contemplating not allowing them to do it- I am really not ready (crazy excited, but I can wait a few more week!) for this baby to come yet and do not need anyone poking at anything to expedite this process. I am finished with work next week, Friday and have two weeks off until my official due date. I am asking for at least ONE week off where I can get everything done, do whatever I want, eat out for lunch, go to the movies, etc. And I know what you are thinking, "you'll go late with your first." But I kid you not, 95% of the people I talk to all went early, like 3-4 weeks early!!! Early for me is 39 weeks, period. (You hear me, baby G!?)

I'll provide another update after tomorrow's appointment!



36 Week belly shot

3 comments:

Kym said...

Love the room!! Your are way too prepared already :-) I didn't have the bag packed until week 41, because I kept thinking I had plenty of time!

Kate said...

Loving the nursery - so sunny and cozy. I can't wait to meet Baby G, but will hope for your sake, it's note for a few weeks. You look great!!!

Christina said...

Wow, I go away for one week and you look ready to pop! Linda and I were just saying we can't believe how close you are to getting to meet your little baby (or giant baby?). I'm so excited!!!