Before I start on this week's post I want to address all the emails I got over the past week regarding last week's post. First of all, thank you. Thank you for your kind words (even though I was not fishing for complements, I got a lot of them!) Regardless, solicited or unsolicited, they are always so wonderful to hear. But I do want to make sure I am clear about one thing - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE being pregnant and I wouldn't trade it for the world. And I am fully aware that the weight gain is one of the many "miracles" that comes with pregnancy. And while my last post probably didn't reflect this, I welcome it with open arms. In fact, if I had to gain 1000 pounds and was told I'd never lose the weight, I'd still sign up for it. Bottom line, the past 34 weeks have been the best weeks of my life and I am so looking forward to what lies ahead!
I'm not sure where the time has gone between last week's post and this week. I am still feeling great, aside from a few minor gripes:
- Cramping: Typically in my calves and occur in the middle of the night... when I won't wake Brian to rub them and I can't do it myself because I can't reach! Ouch!
- Stretch marks: I went the first 30 weeks without them and thought I was in the clear. Well, I should have assumed if I got them on my boobs, I'd get them on my belly. And oh boy, do I have them. Ick! Whoever says lathering yourself in body butter will prevent them, must've been getting kick backs from the manufacturer. Currently they are just at the very bottom of my stomach - where I hope they stay!
- Night sweats: Holy hotness. We've been sleeping with the windows open all winter and I usually can only stand to have a sheet on me. Mom, I am sorry I never believed you when you complained about your hot flashes.
- Clothing: Nothing fits. My belly hangs out of everything I wear. When my mom was here, she made me get a couple new shirts... they fit great, but I don't really feel like spending $25/shirt to last me for the next 4-6 weeks. Brian's undershirts work just fine - as long as I don't leave the house (which I seldom do these days).
- Odor: I never really had a problem with any "smells" during my pregnancy. But I sure can smell myself. Again, while my mom was here I'd constantly say "I stinks". She said she couldn't smell me and it was just my sensitive nose. I do douse myself in perfume before I leave the house, just in case she's lying to me.
- Boobs: Big mistake - I bought nursing bras too early. They are so uncomfortable now, I need new ones. So, I guess this next purchase will make me an F? Maybe I should just buy a G b/c I'll probably grow out of the F too.
- Out of breath: That sums it up. Every activity leaves me breathless. Ew.
So now the big question is, when Baby G make his/her big debut? It seems that when every pregnant woman hits this mark, they wonder how the heck they can go any longer... where will the baby fit? .... if I'm this uncomfortable now, what will I be like at 38-40 weeks?! Well, I am no exception. I keep thinking I am going to go early - but am constantly reminded that you usually go late with your first. I don't really want to go early since my last day of work is 4/10 (38 weeks) and I would love more than anything to have at least one week off, without the baby, to make any final touches, relax, nap, watch movies, etc.etc. And to top it off, my mom is also coming up on 4/14 and if she misses the delivery, I don't know if she'll ever speak to this kid! (kidding!!) But she would be darn upset! So, little one, please hold out until at least 39 weeks, even if I am begging you to come out. It will be better for everyone.
Regardless of how and when, I am preparing as I don't want to be caught off guard. I have half my hospital bag packed and am making it my priority this weekend to pack the rest and a bag for Brian. I still need to get an outfit to bring this little baby home in! Brian said we should just wrap it in a towel (don't worry, baby, I smacked him for you. And may this be a reminder to you to not marry an accountant. hee hee).
Here's the 34 week belly shot (No, I wouldn't wear this outfit in public and note that my shirt no longer covers my stomach. Can you say "Sexy"?)
3 comments:
Oh my gosh, Brooke, I know I am going to see you in about an hour but I just have to tell you I can't get over your belly! I feel like it looks completely different than it did the last time I saw you (a week ago?). Crazy. I am 100% convinced you are having a boy based solely on this picture.
Hey Brooke- you're doing great and you look great! You're so cute and pregnant! Just one thing on the hospital bag. Please please plase make sure you buy a few cheap nightgowns that button down from Target or Walmart. I spent $28 on 3 nightgowns and a robe and it was the best money I have ever spent. You'll feel like a human being and then you'll just throw them out if you ruin them. But seriously. Do it- or I'll do it for you!
Thanks Steph - I did do just that - got some granny looking PJs and a robe. Thanks for the advice - anything else is welcome as well. Have so much fun this week with Chase and Christina! I hope to get down there sometime soon and meet you guys!
Post a Comment