Saturday, October 11, 2008

Week 11

Wow, one week ago I wrote the 10 week update and it's already time for the 11 week update!

Friday we graduated from our "special" doctor. On the way there, Brian asked if we'd get a diploma or something - I assured him there would be a full blown ceremony, cap, gown, commencement speaker and all. But, there wasn't. We got an ultrasound, some hugs, then they kicked us out. So sad, but even sadder, it's our last ultra sound for 6 weeks! Bummer!! But in all seriousness, the doctor was thrilled with our progress, our baby is measuring right on time and was even doing little flips in my uterus. And I thought he/she was sucking his/her thumb, but the doctor pointed out that the mouth was actually right below were it's hands were... so, at 10 weeks, our baby has learned to pick it's nose! Aww, so cute! Amazing that he/she is only 1.5 inches! We have our first "normal pregnant person" appoint this Wednesday. I'm going to beg for an ultrasound!


On to other news, I hit my record going to bed time this weekend, 7:30 PM. And I slept until 7:30 AM the next day. Guess I shouldn't get used to these 12 hour slumbers?! But I'll take 'em while I can get 'em! I feel fatter than ever too... thank goodness I work from home, so I can wear sweats everyday, all day. Regular pants just aren't comfortable. I've included a link to some pictures including our 11 week a belly shot below, I know, I just look fat, but I promise, I am pregnant... 11 weeks, did I tell you yet? ;) (There's also last Friday's ultrasound picture attached, which Christina provided the perfect name, "Baby Big Head".)

And last but not least, me and the baby our heading to the big apple to see Madonna tonight. Figured a little Vogue and Like a Virgin will do the kid some good. Hope I don't fall asleep!!

11 Week Baby Update:

Your baby, just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig, is now almost fully formed. Her hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under her gums, and some of her bones are beginning to harden.
She's already busy kicking and stretching, and her tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as her body grows and becomes more developed and functional. You won't feel your baby's acrobatics for another month or two — nor will you notice the hiccupping that may be happening now that her diaphragm is forming.
Our other favorite website: http://www.i-am-pregnant.com/Pregnancy/calendar/week/11

5 comments:

Laura said...

Ooooo - you secret blogger! Since we haven't talked in FOREVER I had no idea you had a blog! I'm so happy to be able to hear about the little one. And you look fabulous!

brooke said...

I actually just set it up this weekend! Read your entry on AZ and Sam's month of sickness!!! Geesh, you had your hands full.

Christina said...

Yay! I love your blog!!! I guess we can't link to it (not that it would matter b/c no one else could get in if they clicked the link anyway).

I'm so excited that you're blogging! Of course, I'm more excited that you're pregnant! ;)

P.S. I LOVE St. Louis!!

brooke said...

I'll let Brian warm up to the idea of us having a blog. Then, maybe, I'll remove it from it's "private" status. Getting this far was HUGE!

Ashlynne said...

I am so excited you started a blog!
Hooray