This morning I went in for prenatal screening. And as luck would have it, the "testing" was really an hour ultrasound! And Jen, the technician, was wonderful. I wanted to invite her over for lunch when we were done. The first 45 minutes she took most of the necessary "testing" measurements, pointed out every little part of our little one, and provided me with TONS of pictures. However, there was one measurement that Baby G wasn't cooperating (a glimpse into our future...?) so she sent me to the cafeteria to get some free food and drink and told me to chill for an hour to try to get Baby G to move. And it worked! So, in total, my 3.5 hour visit at the hospital included an hour ultrasound! I've included a few of the pictures below. I apologize in advance, these are pictures of pictures so the quality isn't all that great, but it's still something!!

Baby
Garlits is about 3 inches. You can kind of see his/her arms and legs hanging out in the darkness.

Profile shot. Looks like s/he will get the
Holzapfel "ball on the end of the nose"... what do you think?

Here's a pictures of the hand. See it there, to the right, and the little fingers. Kind of looks like that sweaty palm scene from Titanic.. remember, when Kate and Leo were in the back seat of a car... (Note: you have to turn your head to the right, since this picture is rotated about 90 degrees to the right)
5 comments:
An hour long ultra sound sounds ilke SO much fun! Peeking at all of those little fingers and toes. So sweet!
Oh my gosh, what a great surprise! Hour long ultrasounds are the best! Are you guys going to get a 3D one when you're further along (I think you have to be at least 25 weeks or something but I could be wrong)? I hope so, it's so much fun! Yay for Baby G!!
I'm not sure if we'll do the 3D ultra sound. Probably not, especially since you have to pay outta pocket for it ;)
Hey Brooke,
I know you haven't asked for my opinion...but I am giving it anyway. I think you should NOT find out if its a girl or a boy. Does it really matter? Will you be disappointed if its a girl or less excited if its a boy. Aren't you completely happy just to be having a baby. It really doesn't matter if its a girl or a boy. We didn't find out with Megan and she was a wonderful surprise. We planned and prepared for a girl or a boy. I know it means getting more neutral things but it may be better than getting 72 pink dresses at your baby shower!! We did find out with Riley, and it was nice to know and plan but finding out at the ultrasound wan't nearly as exciting as finding out at the moment they are born. Well...thats my opinion. Ignore it if you must.
Love you.
Angie
I think you should have a poll on your blog asking people if you should find out or not. Personally, I think you should; it's just as exciting when your baby is born because HELLO? YOU HAVE A BABY! Better planning, less yellow and green. That's my two cents. So post a poll but make your own decision (obvs). ;)
Post a Comment