Goodbye Embryo and hello Fetus! We welcome week 10 with open arms since we now feel like we're having a baby, rather than a "dot", a "spot", or a "bean". Last Friday was our best ultra sound yet! We saw the little guy/gal dancing...arms, legs, and fingers were moving all over the place. Isn't technology amazing? He/she is 1 inch and we are able to see the outline of a baby, the heart beat, the mouth, even the tiny little start of fingers.... seriously, if the baby is an inch long/big, how big could those fingers be?! Next week is our last appointment with the specialist... then we GRADUATE! I (we) will officially be "normal" pregnant people, but it's like a punishment, as we only get ultrasounds every 6 weeks!! That's like giving a girl a great car at 16 and when she goes to college, giving her scraps (Dad, ring any bells!? hee hee). We're definitely going to go through ultrasounds with- drawls.... and I'll look even more forward to the days when I can feel this little guy kick, flip, burb,... so I know he/she is there and doing OK!
I'm still feeling great. And from what I hear, I'll feel even better in 2 weeks when we hit our second trimester. AND we'll get to share the news with everyone. Well, I kind of already started doing that a few weeks ago, but not to people we know! I find the thrill of telling random strangers, holding their own tiny baby in their arms, or in their belly, at the grocery store, Target, etc. that we are expecting. What do they care and who are they going to tell? And for about 10 seconds, I get the big smile, the "Congratulations, it's wonderful!", then they ask how far along, and I say "6 weeks" or some low number. And I know what their thinking... why are you telling people?! But I have to tell someone! Actually, we shared the news with most of our friends this weekend at our godson, Chase's, first birthday party. Everyone was thrilled. I could actually sit at the "mom table" and not cringe with all their baby stories. I was eager and happy to listen and learn.
And last but not least, a shot out to my wonderful husband. While Brian may not seem the type to get excited, he is, don't let him fool you. And on top of that, he's taking such good care of me.. doing the dishes, making sure my coat is buttoned to I don't catch a cold, and going to baby garage sales and carrying all the big stuff that we can find to the car, without a peep of a complaint. Thanks baby, I love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment