
Welcome Week 13. We're happy to see you! In celebration, this is the cake I made! Ha ha, no, no I didn't, I'm just kidding. But I felt like I should make a cake or something, as I've been counting down to this week! I made chili three-ways instead.
This weekend Brian and I went away to a B&B in the Poconos (Jim Thorpe, PA) and had a great and relaxing time! We started this "tradition" last year and I'm thinking we may have to skip next year. It was our first time leaving our puppy, Spinner, over night (two nights actually!). I called to check in on him a few times a day and he was the center of all our conversations. So, I know for certain that I won't be able to leave my 5 month old baby!
While at our B&B, I had a revelation while standing at the bathroom mirror. The mirrors in our house must be "thin" mirrors, as this was the first weekend I noticed my protruding double chin. It became the focus on my weekend. And I'm mad at myself because of it. I always got so upset at the pregnant woman who complained about how "fat" they were getting. I mean, really annoyed with them. I promised myself I wouldn't be like them and I would embrace my added poundage during my pregnancy. But, here I am, thinking about it, obsessing about it, and blogging about it. I don't want to be like this.
13 Week belly shot. I think I should start having
Week 13 Baby Update
Your Baby Your baby can make a fist and even suck his or her thumb this week—both skills that are über-cute during infancy ... and not so much at the age of 9. If you're really lucky, you might catch a glimpse of baby's thumb sucking on an ultrasound photo. That's a framer! Other exciting developments include:Your baby's eyelids are fused shut to protect his eyes as they develop. His bones and skull are solidifying and soon itsy-bitsy ribs may appear. (Baby ribs! How cute is that?!) Baby's intestines are finally right where you want them—in his or her belly instead of poking out into the umbilical cord. Baby's tooth sockets are all loaded and ready to pop out baby teeth six or seven months after baby is born (causing baby a lot of pain and you a lot of lost sleep). Who's that singing? Elton John? Could be your baby: His vocal cords and larynx are completed now. He won't be able to make any sound yet, however, because sound waves travel through air and baby is submerged in fluid. Your baby-to-be now weighs about 20 grams and is nearly 3 inches long, or about the size of a Nutter Butter, covered in chocolate. OK, it doesn't have to be covered in chocolate, but isn't everything better that way?
4 comments:
YAY Brooke, I'm so happy for you! I just found out this news on Chase's site. Congrats!
Hey Kym! Thanks so much. We are super excited!
Yay 2nd trimester!! I'm sure it doesn't seem this way to you (yet), but this is going really fast! Baby G will be here before we know it and I'm so excited to meet him (I think it's a boy)!!!
P.S. Don't worry about the weight gain. Seriously, you'll lose it after the baby's born (that's just one of the many benefits of breastfeeding!), and we can do WW together and walk on the canal. Plus, I think you still look great, and as your belly gets bigger, the rest of you looks skinnier in comparison. :)
Congratulations, Brooke! I'm so happy for you and Brian. I know you've heard this from everyone but it is the most amazing experience! Congratulations on 13 weeks. I remember I felt a big sigh of relief when I hit the 2nd trimester.
Post a Comment