There are so many things I love about being pregnant:
- Talking with Brian about what is in store and all the things we "think" will happen when we have the baby and how we will respond
- Feeling the baby move - my favorite time is at night, when I settle down to go to sleep and s/he flips and spins (which I am soon will turn into a night long gymnastic routine and this will no longer be my favorite thing)
- Being "allowed" to gain weight
- The "special" treatment - at a work training last week a girl (also a mother of a 2 year old) offered a chair so I could put my feet up during class. I just couldn't do it, but I really appreciate her gesture
- Showing off my belly and letting other people feel the baby kick (when s/he isn't being a kick tease!)
- Brian opening my door, dropping me off/picking me up at the door when we go out and always holding my hand (or elbow) to make sure every step I take is sturdy one (I wonder how he thinks I get by on my own when he isn't with me?)
- Talking to other moms-to-be about their experiences being pregnant and comparing notes. Last week I met two first-time, expecting mothers, both about 2 months behind me, and for the first I felt like the one with a little wisdom to share
- Getting new things and buying new things for the baby
Speaking of new baby things - Julie sent us our travel stroller today!! It was such a wonderful surprise - I think I scared the UPS guy! Putting the stroller together and pushing it around the house (which I did for a good hour) really made the whole "we are having a baby" thing seem that much more real! Even more real when Brian pushed the stroller around the house! I should've got a picture of that before he put it away!

25 Week belly shots
I posted two pictures here because I am amazed at how much bigger I look in the first picture. And these were taken within seconds of each other.
Update from last week's post: Brian (aka Santa) did come through with a treadmill. It was waiting at home for me after I was out of town for 3 days for work. What a guy! ;)

1 comment:
You and Brian are so cute! I'm just picturing the two of you pushing that stroller around the downstairs of your house. What a couple of (adorable) dorks. :)
Post a Comment