Hellloo0 third trimester! We celebrated its arrival with a trip to St. Louis - and what a trip it was! A lot of my family - from both of my parents sides - still live in St. Louis, so we spent a lot of time going from place to place to make sure we got to spend some quality time with everyone. I just love it - but always wish I could stay longer as the weekend draws near. This summer me and baby are going to go for a couple weeks!
Here's a recap of the weekend:
Here's a recap of the weekend:
Friday
On Friday night Julie and I met up with some old friends for dinner. It was such a blast to see everyone and catch up. So much has changed, but so much is still the same. I hope we can get together every time I come to town.
L to R:
Corey: We were neighbors in St. Louis and have known each other since we were 5.
Julie: Best friends since the 5th grade. At one time I was taller than her!
Aeron: Friends since the 7th grade!
Kristen: Friends since the 1st grade!
Saturday
My mom and I went to visit Corey and her mom's new baby store - Good Night Rooms. It is the most precious baby store I've ever seen - and even more fun when your expecting!
Then, Saturday afternoon we went to my cousin Angie's house for my baby shower. They really out did themselves - I felt so special! Thanks Angie and Nikki for the most perfect day! Here's a few pictures from the festivities!
My gracious hosts, Angie (left), Nikki (right)
The whole shower crew!
We played Chinese "sex" games - no, not that kind, the kind where it tells you what the gender of the baby is (pervert). Both games predicted I would have a girl and 90% of the guests think I am carrying a girl. Guess I should figure out a girl name!
We opened lots of presents!
And ate the world's most delicious cake...
and cookies
(courtesy of Nikki's wonderful sister, Stacey!)

And ate plenty of delicious food! I couldn't breathe for hours after the shower because I ate so much! Guess that leaves with very little excuse for the triple or quadruple chin (depends on the angle) I have in every picture! Ick!
Cousin Nikki and the "little cousins". (L to R) Peyton, 4 months old!, Riley, Jake and Megan
Me, Angie, Megan and Riley
Dixie and her newest addition, Samuel with Nikki and her newest addition Peyton. They are one day apart and already make the perfect couple!
Me and the munchkins!
My godmother, Debbie, me, Barb and Julie Kroenig
27 week belly shot - candid!Saturday night I headed to Nikki and Sean's house for a sleep over with little Jake. He's gotta be one of the world's cutest kids. He warmed up to me right away and made himself crack up. I'd ask "Jake, what are you laughing at?" He'd respond, "I so funny!"

Cousin Sean and little Peyton (who looks even littler in Sean's arms!)

Nikki and Jake. He LOVES his mommy!
Sunday
Note to self - two year olds are sooo cute, but they aren't to be slept with! ;) I think Jake slept on me most of the night, instead of next to me. And he's a little heat machine, which doesn't help when I'm also my own personal heater.
After a delicious breakfast cooked by both Sean and Nikki, I headed to my mom's cousin's Shirley's house. We visited for a little bit, then picked up a Imo's jalapeno pizza and took it to Angie's house for lunch. (Note: If you have never been to St. Louis, your first stop should be Imo's pizza! World's best pizza. Then go to Steak n' Shake for a milk shake!) After Angie's we drove to my god parents house, Dennis and Debbie. About an hour into the visit I went to the bathroom and notice that I was bleeding a little bit. I tried my best not to panic - but called my mom into the bathroom.
We decided to call my doctor at home to determine next steps. While he assured me that it was probably nothing, given that it was minor and I had been feeling good (although tired!), he said I should go to the ER to get checked. So, off we (Mom, Debbie, and me) went, to the hospital I was born in some 28 years ago. They were wonderful. They admitted me as soon as I got in - by putting me in a wheel chair - which totally freaked me out. When we entered the Labor and Delivery ward, one of the nurses turned the corner and I recognized her! It was a friend from elementary schools mother! Of course, with my big mouth, I blurted out, "Mrs. S!?" She looked at me like I had three heads - but once I told her who I was she remembered me. I'm not sure why she didn't before - it's only been 19 years! ;)
They hooked me up to the heart monitor/contraction machine, put me in a robe and had me provide a urine sample. Then we waited a good three hours until the results came in. Lovely. I was feeling good though, since I could constantly hear my baby's heart beat. And my two most favorite woman in the world were in the room with me - making me laugh harder than I had in such a long time. I'm so lucky! While we waited, we went through girl name after girl name after girl name. We did come up with a list, which I'll share (and ask for your opinion) in a future post.
Three hours later the world's nicest doctor came in. He did a couple exams and an ultrasound. Mom and Debbie were hoping he'd slip and accidently say the sex. But he didn't! But they did get to see the baby again. At the end of my "check" all was perfect... with no explanation as to why I was bleeding other than "sometimes that can happen".
Two hours late, we went to my Uncle Kenny and Tina's house for a delicious fish dinner. Too bad I could barley keep my eyes open. Off to bed I went!
Monday morning we took it easy and got ready for the airport. Grandma surprised me with a Steak n' Shake chocolate milk shake - which made my day! (Maybe even my weekend!). The flight home was uneventful and I arrive to my cute husband and my crazy dog - - I sure did miss them!
3 comments:
It looks like such a fun trip! What a nice shower. That cake looks awesome and were those cookies homemade?
I'm glad that you had a good time and that everything is fine with the baby!
Darn - no slip during the ultrasound huh? I can't believe you are being so good! I'm so happy that everything is ok with you and the baby.
And I can't wait to hear the list of girl names! Maybe next week while I am home???
Wow! What an amazing shower your friends and family had for you! The cake and cookies looked so(oooo) yummy! Glad you're feeling well....and I want to hear baby names!!!!
Post a Comment