Friday, January 30, 2009

Delivery!

Not only was yesterday Brian's 30th birthday - happy birthday baby! But as an added bonus the nursery furniture was delivered. Probably the next best delivery aside from the baby! And if I must say so myself, I think it looks pretty fabulous! Now, all I need is my chair!


But as usual, there's always a story. The delivery guys set up the furniture and did a great job. After they left I wanted nothing more but make up the crib to see how it was going to look. Once I did this, I realized I wanted to lower the mattress platform so the bed skirt hung at the bottom of the crib... ya know, like the pictures of the floor models. Simple.... I thought. So, I unscrewed each side and on the last one, it fell. And then got stuck in the middle of the crib and I couldn't get it unstuck - every little tug scratched the inside of the my 1 hour old crib!! (Insert sweating pregnant lady scream and throwing out a few choice curse words here!) So, I went back to work (which is what I should've been doing, but I can't leave good enough alone). But first, I emailed Christina out of sheer frustration. As usual, she was sympathetic and admitted she would have done the same thing. She came over after lunch (with Chase the cutest in tow!) and helped me put it back together again (she really did all the work!). This was also so I could avoid having to tell Brian what I did, because he probably wouldn't have been as sympathetic! (but now he knows the truth, darn blog!) Thanks Christina, you are the best!!!!


And while I'm here, here's a few pictures from Brian's birthday celebration last night at the local Hibachi restaurant.

L to R: Me, Brian, Alisabeth, Dale and Mom Sue
L to R: Brian, Dad Skip, Sue, and Dale



1 comment:

Courtney Edelstein said...

Your furniture is beautiful! Can't wait to see pictures of a precious baby lying in that crib!