Wednesday, April 1, 2009

36 week check-up

Fairly uneventful appointment today. We walked in thinking this would be our last ultra sound (and the last time someone could potentially slip and tell us the baby's sex!), but turns out I'll need to come back next week for another ultrasound. For some reason, I had an abundance of amniotic fluid - which they seemed concerned about, but not overly concerned. They said it could be as simple as the baby urinated right before the ultrasound. However, if this isn't the case, they'll send me in for a stress-test to ensure the baby can "handle" all the extra fluid. I am trying not get worked up, since I've had ultrasounds every 4 weeks and this is the first time this is being raised.

Otherwise, the baby is measuring at 71% in size, with an estimated measurement of 7 lbs, 5 oz. Yeah, we're gonna have a big baby. They are predicting a 9 pounder.... oy vey. But, like I said before, both Brian and I were big 8 pounders, so this isn't a huge surprise.

They snapped a few pictures, but they are not worth sharing at all. They just look like black and grey/white blobs. So, you'll wait for real pictures, post delivery.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Your ticker says 23 days!!!!! Can you believe it!