We baptized Henry on Sunday, October 18, 2009 at Woodside Presbyterian in Yardley. I've been attending Woodside since 1995, not religiously (no pun intended). I attended during my high school years - not without fighting with my mom every Sunday about sleeping in vs. attending church. I got away from church during my college years - since I went away to school in North Carolina and still when I moved back and got married. It took some time to get back - I found my way again when we were trying to get pregnant with Henry. This time, on my own. I feel in love with the church, it's community, and our Pastor Doug. I felt really proud to be part of such a great place and knew I wanted Henry to be part of it, too. Although, I am sure, once he gets older, I'll have the same fights with him that I had with my mom!
The Baptism - it was a chilly and rainy day - with two Nor'easters hitting the coast in one weekend. And of course, as our luck would have it, it was the very weekend Grandma and Grandpa Holzapfel were coming to visit. Uncle Alex and his girlfriend Danielle came for the weekend too. Everyone had to get up early Sunday - one shower, six people. When we awoke, we didn't think Alex and Danielle made it home from the night before, because they weren't downstairs.... then Grandpa H looked outside and found them in their car! Turns out, we (Brian) forgot to leave the door unlocked the night before. They were cold and tired, but still put on a happy face for Henry's big day. They both tried to call, several times, but our cell phones were on vibrate and there were left downstairs. And Uncle Alex refused to bang on the door for fear of waking up Henry on his "big day". We owe him one for this act of kindness (I'm not sure I would have been that nice!).
After the Baptism we had family and close friends over to celebrate. Henry, having missed his nap time for the ceremony, went straight to bed for his nap. But he made an appearance at the end.
All the pics we took and this is the only one we got of Henry in his Baptism outfit!
Cutting Henry's cake
Opening presents (with a little help)

Family photo!

Henry's grandpas

Henry's Godparents
Dad, Andrew, Uncle Dale and Henry
The Fields family
Dad, Andrew, Uncle Dale and Henry
The Fields family
No comments:
Post a Comment