Wednesday, October 7, 2009

We've been caught

We're about 2 weeks into the fall season and all ready the whole family (minus Spinner) is down and out with a nasty cold. It started this past Saturday with Henry - he was starting to get the sniffles a little cough and many, many sneezes. I wasn't overly concerned... but as the days wore on, his nose got more and more runny and he got more cranky. But, the fever has stayed away - thank goodness. To top it off, I came down with the same thing on Sunday and still fighting it. And the icing....Brian, the world's biggest baby (yes, bigger than Henry) came down with the same thing last night. It's a snot fest over here. Next person up to bat, Nancy, the nanny.


I'm learning really quickly, that colds and babies do not mix. It isn't so much the crankiness or the sliminess, but the torture they have to endure to feel better - or just breathe. As far as I am concerned, baby nasal aspirators are a form of baby torture. I feel like every time I have to do it to Henry I am causing emotional and psychological damage.... not from the sucking of the snot, but from holding his hands, arms and head down while he screams. Poor thing.

P.S. Tomorrow kicks off my first day back to work. Things with Nancy have been going pretty good. It's really, really, REALLY hard to give up control of your baby. I don't think it is going to get easier anytime soon.

No comments: