It all started the Saturday before we left Florida - Henry was unusually cranky; nothing could make him happy. I took his temperature and he had a fever of 101.8. I couldn't avoid it forever - especially with all the traveling on airplanes we had be doing the last few weeks - my baby final caught something. A call to Dr. P informed us to get him on some Tylenol or Mortin and to expect respiratory systems to start in the next couple of days. On Sunday, Henry woke up seeming to feel better, he didn't have a fever and I didn't really put much thought into the rest of the day. I figured the previous days fever was teething related. Grandma took us to Tampa and Henry and I flew home. He was fine. A little cranky at times - which I figured was due to him being stuck in my lap for 2 hours. Dad picked us up and we went to our friend, Katie's, 30th birthday party. Henry was very cranky - "a long day of travel", I told everyone. Then I got home, took his temperature - 102.4.
BAD MOM! BAD MOM! BAD MOM!
I felt so terrible. My poor little baby was sick and I had ignored him all day. And the next day, just as the doctor said, the respiratory symptoms- stuffy nose and wet cough - appeared. Now, almost 10 days later, we're still battling the respiratory systems. Henry deals with it great during the day - smiling up a storm, full of energy - but once 8:00 pm hits, it is all down hill. He's up every 2 hours until sun rise. And when Henry is up, mom is up. I'm exhausted. While I don't have the heart to let my baby "cry it out" while he is sick - I'm starting to wonder how much longer I can do keep up!
How do you moms do it?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment