Monday, April 6, 2009

37 Weeks

Sorry for the delay with this week's post. I've already received several emails asking if I went into labor! ha. My brain just doesn't want to function this week, so here's some random thoughts for the week.
  • This weeks marks two big milestones: 1) Baby G is officially fully cooked, and 2) Friday is my last day of work!
  • Brian doesn't think Baby G will come until May 5. WHAT!? I'd die from my stomach ripping open - there is no way I am going until May 5! (Or at least I hope not!)
  • My mom comes up on Tuesday!! Let's hope we get a few days to watch great movies, go to lunch, take walks, etc. without a baby!
  • I'm feeling pretty good, considering.
  • My hands are swollen most of the time - it is the worst in the morning. So bad, that my joints in my fingers hurt.
  • My hips still kill at night, but after I turn over, every hour, I fall right back to sleep and am generally sleeping pretty good for most of the night (and even better when I have the bed to myself!).
  • I am getting Braxton Hicks contractions on a more regular basis and maybe some other kind of ligament pains/strains... sometimes they take my breath away and I have to sit or lay down until they pass. The other night, I thought "this is it" and almost woke Brian up.
  • About 3 months ago I joined a woman's bible study group through my church to take a course called Alpha. I thought at the end, that would be it, I'd move on. But over the weeks, I grew really close with many of the women in the group and truly looked forward to my Wednesday evenings with them. Last Wednesday, they surprised me with a mini-shower. I was shocked, so shocked, I was sweating! They had a precious little cupcake umbrella cake, snacks and all the gifts were children books - Baby G's library grew tenfold. The other bonus, I'll be staying with this group even now that Alpha is over.
  • Yesterday I went in for an ultra sound to check my amniotic fluid levels. Last week they were at 26cms. Which, as you recall, was way too high. But yesterday, they dropped to 21! Woohoo. They said I should be between 18-20, but I'll take 21 after last week. I go in again on Thursday for a check-up with the doctor.

37 week belly shot


Last, but never least, this Saturday, my sister-in-law, Alisabeth's, niece, Leah (14) passed away after a year and half battle with brain cancer. Today was her viewing and life celebration. It really was a beautiful event. Hundreds of people from the community came out to pay their respects to Leah and her family and a majority attending wore pink and green, Leah's favorite colors. I was overwhelmed with mixed emotions throughout the services. I can't imagine the pain of losing a child, but also find it hard to not feel a sense of relief knowing that she is no longer suffering. And, I trust, she is now in a better place. Please keep Leah's family in your thoughts and prayers. And let it be a reminder that no one gives us tomorrow.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Congratulations on making it to 37 weeks, Brooke! Baby G can come any day now! I'm so excited for you!

Audra said...

Brooke! I know it's not ideal but according to Brian, Baby G might share a bday with MOI!!! Cinco de Mayo!! But i hope, for your sake, that he/she comes sooner! I am so happy for you both and so excited for the day to come...all my love, audra

Shirley said...

Brooke-You look great. Can hardly wait to see our new family member. Thinking of you always. Love ya Shirley