Sunday, April 19, 2009

38 weeks 6 days

9:00 AM: Had one of the worst nights of sleep/wake ever! I had pretty steady contractions most of the day yesterday... during the day they were pretty far apart, but painful when they visited. Mom and I ran around for about 3 hours yesterday afternoon getting ready for a family BBQ to celebrate her, my MIL and brother's birthdays. It was such a nice day out, we figured we should take advantage of the weather and celebrate. About and hour into the errands, we were both regretting the decision - wishing we were on the couch and had ordered pizza instead.

Christina and Chase stopped by to visit later in the afternoon - I was so excited to see Mr. Wonderful (and Tina too, of course!) Chase got to "drive" Dale's boat and throw sticks in the pond. He even got jumped on by our 70 lbs Boxer (Argh!).... probably the last time he'll come visit us! Here's a few adorable pictures of the worlds most handsomest boy (and I think I'll continue to think this even if we have a boy!)

A natural. He can adjust the fish monitor and steer at the same time.

Andrew, next birthday, Chase needs a boat!


Chase and Christina throwing sticks in the pond. I think Chase wanted to go IN the pond!

Last night, around 7:00, I was having contractions about every 7 minutes. I wasn't much for entertaining or conversation as each one was pretty painful. But I did enjoy a delicious filet and hot dog! The contractions lasted most of the night - ranging from 7 to 4 minutes apart. This made it extremely difficult to sleep (they are so much more painful when you lay down!). Somehow I managed to fall asleep around 4:30 AM, waking up a few times when I felt a contraction. This morning I am having contractions about every 7 minutes.... what the heck? When do these things start to progress and when do I get to go to the hospital to have this thing!? I thought for sure something was going to happen early this morning. How do you go 7 hours with fairly regular and pretty painful contractions and not have a baby!? (Obviously, I have no freaking clue. For all know, these aren't really contractions - but damn they hurt!)

1:30 PM: Nothing to report, yet. The contractions are still coming, but are anywhere from 6-12 minutes apart. Argh, so aggravating! I am anxious for these to progress and get this show on the road! Brian and I are going to go to a local fair this afternoon, walk around and eat some funnel cake...maybe that will do this baby some good.

7:15 PM: Still the same story, painful contractions but no rhyme or reason. We went to the carnival and had some lemonade and funnel cake. We also got to watch little Chase man ride the kiddie rides - too cute! Standing the whole time made my contractions come closer together for about an hour after we got home (4-5 mins), but then when I thought we had something going, we went almost 13 minutes with nothing.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brooke,
Your so close. You can do it. Its going to happen today! Your finally going to meet that wonderful little life you have been praying for for.
I'll be checking the blog every five minutes today for updates!
angie

Anonymous said...

Also, do you think Chase (the cutest boy ever) likes older women?
Angie

Anonymous said...

I meant to add in the last note...I have some cute daughters. I wasn't looking for myself.
Angie

brooke said...

Haha, Angie! This blog is turning into eHarmony for toddlers and kids! ;) I hope this happens today - we'll keep you posted!

Kym said...

Wow, I can't believe with all those contractions that baby G is still hiding inside! I had thought you were having a girl all along, but now I'm changing my thoughts to a lazy boy...make that a big lazy boy :-) With Kenslee, I had contractions, then a few hours later she was out. With Colin, I had contractions for about a week, then finally my water just broke, and out he came 81 minutes later. Good luck today, I hope you can find a comfortable position while the contractions push on... I can only imagine you must be dilated like 8cm by now :-) Will keep checking back all day, so keep us updated!

Courtney Edelstein said...

he/she is coming!!!!!!i can't wait!!!!! glad you had a great day yesterday!!!!! the pictures were adorable.

Shirley said...

Hope everyone has a great birthday. Thinking of you all and hoping the new little rascal will be here soon.
Beth keeps asking when Brooke is going to bring the baby-she is so excited.

Love you, Shirley

Christina said...

I keep checking back here to see if there is any progress and I am going to have my cell phone on all night so I can update in case you go to the hospital!! I'm so excited and I think, having seen you at the carnival, that it is going to be any time now!!! Yea for Baby G!!

Steph said...

The Lynches of Savannah are so so excited that this is finally happening! We will stalking the blog!