Friday, April 17, 2009

38 week check-up

We had an ultrasound and appointment yesterday. The baby is measuring 8 pounds 4oz! The doctor did an internal exam and said "there's a little action happening" and he felt the baby's head. He also said s/he is in the perfect position. He isn't at all concerned about the baby's size - although, he doesn't think I'll make it another week. If by chance I am back again next week, we'll have a serious discussion about induction and I will NOT go past my due date. They said going past then would be silly since the baby is fully developed and would only continue to gain wait - making it harder and harder for me to deliver.

The doctor may have been right. The morning I've been having pretty regular contractions. Is this the start of labor?!! I have no idea really. I was laying around most of the morning, but decided I'd get up and go run errands with dad and try to speed things up, if in fact I am in labor.

I'll keep you posted.... or Christina will. If I head to the hospital, she'll be updating the blog and post the BIG news. So, keep checking!

Regarding mom: she was released from the hospital yesterday. She wasn't feeling too hot, sore and headache. But this morning she feels like a new person and has been studying up on breathing techniques to help me through labor. ;) Dad also made it safe and sound. So, we're all ready to rock and roll!

No comments: