Well, mom arrived yesterday afternoon and her competitive side came out in full force today. Yesterday, when she got home she complained of a belly ache. I sent her to bed early, thinknig it was alll cause of an early morning and the headahces of flight delays trying to get to Philly. But this morning, around 6AM, she woke us up asking to go to the ER for appendicitis! We got her to St. Mary's right away and when we walked into the ER the technician wasn't sure who was there for help - me or her! They asked, "Labor and Delivery?!" We couldn't help but laugh - it was a great guess on their part! But mom wanted one last "Horrah!" before becoming a grandma and they admitted her into the ER. After some test and a CAT scan, they did indeed diagnose mom with Appendicitis and wheeled her off for an emergency Appendectomy (sp?) around 10:30 AM.
Alex, my brother, met me at the hospital to keep my company while we waited - and wait we did. At one point I asked my brother to massage my aching butt. Thank god he's used to me, but he still said "No." Around 2:00 the doctor came to see us and gave us a big thumbs up on the surgery. Mom was coming out of her anesthesia and we would get to see her soon. Around 3:00 we were allowed a quick visit with her while they waited for a room to open up for her. She was doing really well, considering. Glad all that was over!! They sent us home so she could rest and I could shower - nothing worse than being 38 weeks pregnant and skipping a shower! Ew! They'll keep her for the next day or two. Hopefully she's still the the fast healer she was in the past and is ready for our next hospital adventure!
My dad wasn't planning on coming up until next week, but left Florida this morning, so he can be here when mom is released to take care of her. He's driving (yuck!), so he won't get here until tomorrow afternoon.
We're off to go visit her and grab a bite.... I'll post a belly shot later. Trust me, it's huge! I think people were scared to sit next to me today at the hospital for fear of getting caught in a flood.
38w4d belly shot
6 comments:
Um, WOW. This is crazy!
Tell your mom I hope she feels better and that everything settles down so that you're able to relax before Baby G comes along! :)
Oh my goodness! I hope your mom feels better soon! I'm glad your parents will both be here for your baby's arrival though!!!!
OMG!!!!Are you kidding me?!?!? I hope your mom is doing good. If nothing else its a great story! Your baby will love to hear it over and over. Please give you mom and dad kisses for us. Hopefully your mom is feeling good and your dad hasn't had a nervous breakdown.
Honestly, I was going to call you today, but knew your mom would be just getting there and you would be busy.
Love you, give everyone kisses.
Angie
I hope your mom is feeling better. That is really a wild story
Oh.My.Goodness! I'm so glad your mom is ok! Good thing you didn't go in to labor while in the waiting room :-) Take it easy, and let your dad take care of your mom when she gets home. And definitely get outside to enjoy some of this beautiful weather the next few days!
Brooke tell your Mom Hi and hope she is feeling better and all of her St. Louis family is thinking of her and of course of you. I just can't believe this. Thank goodness it didn't get more serious on the plane. Tell your Dad hi also and to take good care of all his women. I am really getting excited for you. Beth keeps talking about Brooke's new baby. Love you all and take care of each other. Wish I could be there to help.
Love you, Shirley
Post a Comment